August 20, 2011

The best Zucchini Bread ever.

Yeah, I made that claim. And I'm standing by it. I can't get enough of this stuff; I've been making it a lot since I perfected this recipe to my liking. Even my omnivorous friends love it!

Ingredients:

  • 5 tbsp ground flaxseeds
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup homemade applesauce
  • 2 cups brown sugar (loosely packed)
  • Seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean (or 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
  • 2 large zucchini, grated
  • 3 cups oat flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
  • 2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 tsp. cloves
  • 3-4 oz. grated dark chocolate
Mix the flaxseeds with the warm water until it thickens


Mix this mixture together with the oils, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla


Stir in the grated zucchini. Set aside


In a different bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients (flour-cloves)


Stir the zucchini mixture into the dry mixture

Fold in the grated chocolate until well-mixed




Grease 2 loaf-pans with Earth Balance or oil and divide the batter equally between them

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes 

Enjoy this with some good coffee and you won't be sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment