July 31, 2011

I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner.

I'm a huge fan of green smoothies and have at least one a day...always one for breakfast! And I use frozen fruit in them for that little bit of natural sweetness. I had been buying the organic frozen fruit that they sell at my local co-op until I had an epiphany: I can just cut up fresh fruit and throw it in the freezer. DUH. That way I don't have to waste the plastic packaging that the bagged frozen fruit comes in.
Some tasty mango and banana


And local strawberries and peaches!

It's amazing how all the tiny little things you do can really add up. Too bad it took me so long to realize how stupid it is to buy pre-sliced frozen bags of fruit when a lot of the fruit I use regularly grows right around where I live. Hurray for this realization!

No comments:

Post a Comment