January 6, 2012

Raw Banana Bread

One of my friends and I had a carrot-juicing party last night, so I had a ton off carrot pulp that I at least wanted to *try* and do something with. So I tried making raw banana bread!

Ingredients:
1 cup carrot pulp
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup raisins
3 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 Tbsp. agave (or a date or two)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cloves

Blend the carrots, bananas, water , agave, and spices in a food processor until smooth (the amount of water you need may vary). Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the raisins and flax until well combined. Add the chia seeds and stir completely so they are well-distributed.

If you have a dehydrator (you lucky person, you!), use that.
But if you're like me and don't have a dehydrator, just use your oven on the lowest possible setting. I spread the 'dough' onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. After a couple hours I flipped it over onto a new piece of parchment and let it dehydrate overnight. And it worked!


It's all banana & carrot-y, not too sweet, and a little chewy. Pretty ok for my first attempt at making raw bread! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment